Thursday, February 23, 2012

Fishs Eddy in New York

I was in New York a few weeks ago shopping for a client's project (more on that in another post), when I found my self in the Flatiron district.  I stumbled across this very cool store that has more dishes, glasses and kitchen accessories than you can imagine.  Fishs Eddy is a feast for the eyes that has been in business for 25 years.  They are located in the historic 1833 Gorham Silver Manufacturing building at East 19th Street and Broadway; right at the corner, you can't miss them!




With windows like these, how can you not?

 

Julia Gaines and Dave Lenovitz have filled their store with new, vintage and old restaurant ware.


 Photograph by Michael Harlan Turkell 


  I was getting ready to hop on my train home and there was no way that I could start shopping.  I decided to place my order on line!  As you can see in the pictures, the old floors, baskets and crates are a really fun way to display all the fun wares and fits well with the vibe of the neighborhood and the vintage style wares.
Internet pic
 
Internet pic

This is the most incredible display I think I have ever seen! 





HOW COOL!!  I had to touch!


These dishes are all original sample plates with the different  logos and ordering information on the stickers.








A personal favorite!




You get the idea!  There are all sorts of fun themed dishware in the store.  The online store is really terrific.  You can see all the different groups and accessories and a sale section too!

Fishs Eddy, only in New York...



Email me about a post, project or partnership at Victoria@victoriasanchezinteriors.com



No comments:

Post a Comment