Thursday, February 16, 2012

The DC Design House 2012 is underway!

The DC Design House 2012 is underway!

The house has been selected and the Designers have been announced.  This event is a big fundraising event for the Children's National Medical Center.


4951 Rockwood Pkwy NW, Washington, DC 20016


There are 24 spaces to transform this year and I am a lucky participant!  My room is on the first floor and was slated to be a bedroom.  The Design Advisors decided to change it up a little bit and asked me to change my submission from a bedroom to a media/family room.  The house has seven bedrooms and it is better to change the functions a bit. 

Bare Bones is scheduled for February 25th. What is Bare Bones?  The house is opened before the designers take over the house.  It allows the visitors to see the house in a "before" state.  The hours are 10:00- 3:00 on Saturday.  I will be in my room with my presentation board to greet visitors and talk about my design plans for my room.  Several other designers will be there too.  It's a fun event to get a sneak peak at the house and it's only $5.00!

I have participated in a number of other area show houses, including the 2010 DC Design House and am always honored when I am asked to participate.  Here are some of the rooms I have done before




2010 DC Design House


Historical Society of Talbot County  2006



National Symphony Orchestra 2003

This years design is totally different!  Here is a glimpse as to what you can expect!!




See you at Bare Bones!!


Email me about a post, project or partnership at Victoria@victoriasanchezinteriors.com





No comments:

Post a Comment