Friday, April 20, 2012

Show House Unveiled!

After weeks of obsessing over every detail for this room, it's all done!  The DC Design House opened on Saturday and it's been super busy on Rockwood Parkway! 


This is what guests see as they come around into the Teenager's Getaway.  I'm fortunate that the room gets amazing sunlight and really shows off the terrific colors in the fabrics.  The sofa and chairs are Mid Century Modern pieces that have been reupholstered in Missoni fabrics.  The amazing light bubble is part of the Missoni Home Collection located at the Domus Design Center on Madison Avenue in New York.  I worked with the Missoni showroom there and they were super great to work with!  I borrowed the light, the huge ottoman, pillow and the throw.

Photography by Gordon Beall


 
The walls, trim and ceiling were painted white which is a new one for me.  I thought it was best to keep the background clean to show off the fabrics.  The drapery fabric is embroidered little dots that remind me of the dot candy on paper that we ate when we were little kids!   Missoni carpet from my good friends at Stark.
 
Photography by Gordon Beall

 The artwork is from a local artist Joan Belmar. His 3-D technique is extraordinary and uses mylar, acrylic, ink, wood and create a really cool effect.

Photography  by Gordon Beall


The wall behind the desk was painted with Idea Paint.  Really fun dry erase product that I think would be great to have in a teenagers space!  The desk was originally white and then lacquered orange in a spray booth.  The lucite Tulip chair is the one of my favorite finds of the room.  I found it on ebay and had the seat upholstered in a Missoni cut velvet checked fabric.

Photography by Gordon Beall



A wanted to mention a particular piece of art from Kate Lewis.  I started reading her blog a while back and fell in love with her art.  I asked Kate if she would be willing to lend me "Togo" for this project and I was thrilled when she said yes!  We are both hoping it goes to a good home...



Gorgeous Pillows!  The crocheted pillow is a limited edition pattern and the embroidered pillow fabric is used on the light bubble too.  You can really see the embroidery on the drapery fabric in this picture.
Photography by Gordon Beall

Thank you to all that made this room such fun and so successful for me!


(John McDonnell/The Washington Post



Email me about a post, project or partnership at Victoria@victoriasanchezinteriors.com

No comments:

Post a Comment